Get To Know the Highlights of Periyar
Get To Know the Highlights of Periyar
If you are looking for a serene place to engage yourself in the midst of tranquillity & wilderness, then Periyar wildlife Sanctuary of Thekkady is the ideal place. The best spot to escape from all the hustle and bustle of the city life. The word Thekkady sound call up the images of elephants, endless chains of hills and spice aromatic plantations. The Periyar Forest is India’s largest Tiger Reserve and the most demanding tourist destinations in Kerala. It is famed for snatching the attention of nomad’s across the world with its geographical diversities in wildlife and its high capped scenic and serenity of this place. Periyar is the grant retreat for the tourists where they get supreme opportunity to flavour the magical sense of the dense rainforests, which overlaps the exotic wilderness life of Thekkady. So if you are planning to search the best plantation resort in Thekkady for rejuvenating your holidays in this nature filled destination, then KH Plantation is your best choice. You can live up your holidays with the wonderful stay and the hospitality of KH Plantations.
Wealth of Periyar
The Fauna - While doing a quick visit to Periyar Sanctuary you will be witnessed diverse species of animals like Sambar Gaur, Wild Pigs, Barking Deer, Indian Wild Dog, Tiger, Mouse deer etc. There you can also see 40 different tigers in the Periyar National Park. You also get to see the rare varieties of animals like Gee’s Golden Langur, Bonnet Macaque, the Nilgiri Langur and Common Languor.
The Flora -The Periyar Tiger Reserve is renowned for its flora, which consists of tropical evergreen, semi-evergreen and most dense forests. There contains different species of birds, reptiles, amphibians, mammals, fishes, butterflies etc. The land of Periyar ripples with lofty peaks of over 1700 meters closest the north and east. Here also you can witness at least 2000 species of flowering plants, 143 species of orchids and 171 grass species.
Attractions in Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
The tourists and wildlife lovers can enjoy the tour at the zone of the sanctuary and can visit Pandalom and Cardamom Hills that bring the most marvellous natural beauty of Kerala together with visiting the town of Kumily, which is a developing town with many spice trades in Kerala. In addition, travellers can also enjoy the soothing boat cruising at the popular Periyar Lake. With boat cruising, the travellers can get to visit the wilds of Periyar Wild Sanctuary by the water's edge.
Nearest Tourists Places in Periyar
• Periyar Lake - It is located in the sanctuary area, the travellers can enjoy the full scenario of the sanctuary by taking the lake cruise.
• Mangla Devi Temple – This temple is located at a distance of 15 km away from Thekkady. It is the ancient Pandian type architecture with the height of 1337m on the Kerala & Tamil Nadu, standing as the major attractive zone for pilgrims across the nation. This temple is one of the major highlights of Periyar grabbing the attention of visitors with its ancient architecture.
• Pullumedu – This area is prominent for greeneries and wildlife sanctuaries. Also, travellers can also get to visit Makara Jyothi and Shri Ayappa Temples in this region.
• Kumily – It is a small town near Thekkady and Periyar, which is popular for cardamom hills situated in the Idukki district of Kerala. With the rich presence of holy temples, this place is the attractive spot for both spiritual people and nature lovers.
Options to experience the Periyar Wild Life Sanctuary
• Wildlife viewing through an elephant safari or jeep safari
• Exploring Periyar on foot when you want a more riveting and longer trip into the dense forests
• Witnessing the Periyar beauty by doing rafting, which is one of the unique methods of seeing the jungle at close quarters.
KH Plantation, The best homestay in Periyar
Last but not least, KH Plantation is one among the major highlights in Periyar. Choosing the bests homestays in Periyar is now a dominant way to experience the real scenic beauty of authentic Thekkady. The best homestays offer better insights into the life of residents without giving any compromise on quality and cosiness. At KH Plantation, you can meet the best homestay in Periyar along with the good hospitality. We emphasise on to delivering traditional environment merging with the modern luxurious comfort to make your holiday time as the most treasured and striking milestones in your life. We are located in the heart of this fabled Cardamom hills with tropic wilderness and is home to the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. You can truly enjoy the Periyar beauty along with our good hospitability and will able to comprehend the intense wilderness, which definitely creates unique experiences in your life. We promise a misty, pleasant and serene experience to all our customers! Track and kept by a local family, it will be a dream plantation resort in Periyar for those who have an affection for exploring the captivating wild and the calming beauty of Thekkady.